Master Using Google for Common Surname Searches
1. You’re Not Alone! Everyone is Plagued with Common Surname Challenges
Common surnames and surnames that double as common words in the English language.
2. Google is Helping Through Recent Improvements
Understanding and managing your web search history.
3. Search is an Art Form and an Exact Science
Learn how to blend the art and science of search.
4. Improving Results Through Crafting Better Queries
Employ and combine operators to achieve manageable sized, higher quality results.
5. How to Think Like…
Putting yourself in other’s shoes will you give you a leg up on better results both in your searches and in getting your genealogical queries found by other genealogists.
6. The Golden Rule of Searching Common Surnames
Learn to search for what is uncommon.
7. Results Analysis
There’s a lot to learn from search results that will improve your skills.
8. Put Google to Work for You
Saving and Automating Your Surname Searches.
9. 2 More Key Search Strategies You Probably Don’t Use, But Should!
Lisa Louise Cooke
Lisa Louise Cooke is the owner of Genealogy Gems, a multi-media production company, and host of “The Genealogy Gems Podcast” at www.genealogygems.com. Her podcasts bring genealogy news, research strategies, expert interviews and inspiration to genealogists in 75 countries around the world.
Lisa is the author of four books including “Turn Your iPad into a Genealogy Powerhous,” and “The Genealogist’s Google Toolbox,” a regular contributor to family history magazines, producer of the video series “Google Earth for Genealogy” and over 50 videos at the Genealogy Gems YouTube Channel, and a popular international speaker.