RootsTech is a global family history event where people of all ages learn to discover and share their family stories and connections through technology. At RootsTech, there is something for you, regardless of your experience in family history or your skill in technology.
Who Should Attend?
The fourth annual RootsTech conference has something for everyone, whether you are an avid genealogist, you are just getting started, or you simply want to discover the latest technologies and solutions to better connect with your family. You will learn things such as how and where to start with your family history and how to use the latest technology to solve real research problems. RootsTech is the largest family history conference in North America, offering world-class content from speakers all over the country, a huge Expo Hall, and great keynote speakers. Come and join the fun!
Why Should I Attend?
If you are new to family history—
The Getting Started track offers over 30 classes to help you discover all the ways everyday things connect your family across generations. Getting Started passes start at just $19.
If you are an experienced family historian—
Experience everything RootsTech has to offer with a Full Access Pass, which allows you to choose from over 200 classes to help you expand your skills, learn about new and emerging technologies, and explore best practices to overcome brick walls in your research.
If you are a technology innovator—
Sign up to attend Innovator Summit (formerly Developer Day) on Wednesday, February 5, 2014. This pre-conference event offers developers, software engineers, and industry experts an opportunity to collaborate and innovate together.
If you are an LDS Church member—
Register to attend Family Discovery Day on Saturday, February 8, 2014. Strengthen your family relationships across generations through family history and hear inspirational messages from General Authorities and popular speakers. Family Discovery Day includes activities and classes for youth (ages 12–18).
Who Attended RootsTech 2013?
- Over 6,700 registered attendees from 49 U.S. states, six Canadian provinces, and 23 additional countries.
- 13,600+ views of live-streaming sessions on RootsTech.org.
- 100+ bloggers from Australia, Canada, Israel, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
- Hosted by FamilySearch, official sponsors included: Ancestry.com, findmypast, MyHeritage, Archives, Backblaze, Dell, Mocavo, BYU, FGS, NGS, NEHGS, and APG.
- Over 120 exhibitors and vendors with booths and displays in the Expo Hall.
- 1,500+ youth, ages 12–18, attended RootsTech 2013 and participated in classes and activities.
- 93 percent of attendees reported they were very satisfied or satisfied with the value of the information received given at RootsTech.